Urinary Incontinence Treatment
Urinary incontinence is a problem that is common for women. As you age, the walls of the vagina grow looser, causing you to have to urinate more often, which can lead to leakage. When added stress is put on the bladder, such as when you sneeze, cough, bend down, or laugh, this can cause urine leakage. A benefit of getting vaginal rejuvenation is that it corrects this and restores your confidence.
Urinary Incontinence Explained
When you suffer from urinary incontinence, it means you can’t control your bladder anymore. This is what causes you to have bladder leakage. There is more than one type of urinary incontinence, including:
- Stress incontinence
- Urgency incontinence
- Functional incontinence
- Overflow incontinence
Our doctors will evaluate your specific dilemma so that the best plan to fix your certain type of urinary incontinence is done right the first time. The reason for most bladder leakage lies in key symptoms synonymous with all types of urinary incontinence. These include:
- Urine leakage without any tell-tale signs
- Having an urge to have to urinate at that exact moment
- Urinating in the bed as you sleep
- Having tiny amounts of urine releases as you go about your daily routine
- Having an accident on yourself during regular activities
How Does Urinary Incontinence Happen?
There are many reasons that urinary incontinence happens. The genetics of urinary incontinence goes back to how your kidneys process water and the food you eat. The kidney’s function is to assist you in ridding waste, or food, and your water intake. This is what makes you have to urinate or have a bowel movement.
Your bladder has muscles that constrict when you need to urinate. As this happens, the urine is put through to the urethra, which allows the sphincter muscles to loosen so you can release the urine. With bladder incontinence, those same sphincter muscles cannot hold the urethra shut because of the bladder’s sudden tightening. This makes you have to urinate frequently and unexpectedly while also giving way to potential accidents.
Resolve Incontinence With Acoustic Waves
Acoustic Waves help men & women strengthen their lower core muscles and pelvic floor muscles. Acoustic waves provides similar benefits to Kegel exercises. Strengthening your lower core muscles can help women feel less pain during intercourse, treat incontinence symptoms.
- Incontinence is often defined as an uncontrollably leakage of urine. However the term incontinence actually describes two different issues: uncontrolled urination caused by coughing/sneezing/laughing & a sudden intense need to urinate that happens frequently throughout the day. For many women, incontinence usually begins after giving birth and can get worse with age.
- Incontinence can have many causes. One of the most common causes is weakened pelvic muscles. Aging, menopause, and childbirth are all linked to weakened pelvic muscles and may lead to incontinence.
- Patients generally get about 6 sessions (2 sessions per week) for a three week period. Each session lasts 30 minutes, and it is likely that after a session you will feel a little sore, as if you completed an intense workout.
- Not only is Acoustic Wave Therapy a non-surgical, painless, non-invasive procedure, but it also requires no downtime. Although you may feel sore after your Acoustic Wave treatment, you can go about daily activities as you normally would.
- Many patients report that they notice improvements to not only their incontinence but also the sexual wellbeing after their first AWT treatment. Improvements will continue for the following weeks after your treatment.
Jumpstart your journey to your best life today!