Acoustic Pressure Wave Therapy for Women (APWT®)
A Breakthrough Solution for Women’s Sexual Health.
APWT uses low-intensity sound waves to restore sensation and natural lubrication and eliminate urinary incontinence. The procedure uses pulse waves to repair blood vessels, which improves blood flow to the vagina. Women can expect to experience increased sensitivity and lubrication, as well as strengthening, tightening and improved physical appearance. Overall, APWT helps enhance sexual fulfillment and function.
Women during all stages of life have an interest in improving their intimacy and sexual fulfillment with increased sensitivity, better orgasms, and natural lubrication. AWT is a safe and effective procedure that enhances a woman’s sexual pleasure long-term. Intercourse can become more enjoyable due to increased sensitivity, lubrication, and overall increased confidence.
It’s no surprise a woman’s body goes through many changes during childbirth, but some changes which occur after childbirth can be unexpected to a new mother or leave her missing her old body. Some symptoms may include decreased estrogen levels, bleeding, constipation, stretch marks, hair loss, and stubborn belly fat.
Additionally, the vagina can experience things like bruising, swelling, stretching, dryness, and overall pain.
AWT® is great for women six months after they have had a child and are looking to:
- Improve vaginal laxity
- Help improve urinary incontinence
- Rejuvenate the vagina
- Get back to how they looked & felt pre-baby
- Break down scar tissue from episiotomy repair
Perimenopause occurs a few years before menopause actually starts. This is the time when the ovaries start to produce less estrogen and menstruation becomes irregular. Women generally experience perimenopause in their 40s, but it can start in the 30s or earlier.
Perimenopause usually lasts about 4 years and officially transitions into menopause once a woman does not menstruate for 12 consecutive months. Many symptoms can be present during this time including hot flashes, decreased sex drive, fatigue, irregular periods, vaginal dryness, breast tenderness, urinary incontinence, and mood swings.
AWT™ can help perimenopausal women with vaginal dryness by increasing natural lubrication, increasing blood flow to boost sex drive, and tighten the vagina to help improve urinary incontinence.
MENOPAUSE & POST MENOPAUSE
Menopause is the stage when a woman has not had her menstrual period for 12 consecutive months. At this time, the ovaries have stopped releasing eggs, and estrogen production is significantly reduced.
Menopause affects a woman’s body in numerous ways and can continue into post-menopause. Symptoms may include a weaker bladder, hot flashes, decreased skin elasticity, problems sleeping, and weight gain.
With decreased hormone levels it’s no surprise the vagina experiences changes as well, which can include:
- Painful intercourse
- Thinning of the vaginal lining
- Reduced sex drive
AWT™ helps women during and after menopause by increasing blood flow to the vagina resulting in increased sensitivity, natural lubrication, higher sex drive, restoration of new vaginal tissue, and strengthening of muscles to improve urinary incontinence.
AWT®: How It Works
AWT™ is a revolutionary procedure that uses low-intensity sound waves (also referred to as acoustic wave therapy) to restore sensation and natural lubrication. The procedure increases cell signaling in blood vessels, which increases blood flow to nerves and the vaginal lining.
The AWT procedure activates the growth of healthier vaginal tissue. This process, called neurogenesis, enhances sensitivity in the vagina and can make orgasms easier to achieve. AWT restores the ability to lubricate and can reduce pain experienced during intercourse.
In 6 to 12 sessions each taking between 15 to 20 minutes, AWT treatments:
- Stimulate the release of growth factors in vaginal tissue, resulting in the generation of new blood vessels
- Enhance sensitivity in the vagina
- Increase natural lubrication production
- Tighten and strengthen muscles to improve incontinence
By increasing blood flow to the vagina, women will experience increased sensitivity, lubrication, strengthening, and tightening.
Acoustic Pressure Wave Therapy (APWT®)
Powered by STORZ Medical
APWT for Women is non-invasive, comfortable, and performed on the outer and inner labia right in the provider’s office. There is no downtime, drugs, or laser and the results are long-lasting. APWT uses shockwave therapy which has been around for years and is based on numerous clinical studies proven to increase blood flow and restore healthy tissue.
- Acoustic Pressure Wave Therapy (APWT®), sometimes referred to as Radial Pressure Wave or Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology (EPAT®) is the most advanced, non-invasive technology which uses energy based on unique sets of acoustic pressure waves. AWT helps to improve the regenerative potential in areas including upper arms, stomach, gluteal region and thighs that have degenerated because of poor blood flow and weakening connective tissue.
- In addition to the medical indications above, APWT® is also used by many as a preventative treatment to reduce the susceptibility and/or reverse and eliminate visible signs of connective tissue disorders. It has been successfully used in aesthetic medicine in the course of several application studies to treat:
- Pre/Post Liposuction
- Scar Revision
- Capsular Contracture
- Stretch Marks
- APWT® Acoustic Pressure Wave treatment uses the natural repair mechanisms of the human body. The stimulus produced by the Acoustic Waves is transformed into chemical-biological activity, a phenomenon known as mechanotransduction.
The propagation of Acoustic Waves takes place according to acoustic-optical laws. A variation in acoustic properties, such as sound density or sound velocity of the interfaces between various tissues (skin, fat cells or muscles), creates a jump in acoustic impedance with a consequent release of energy. This phenomenon produces biomechanical effects such as the contraction of lymphangions and improved permeability of the cell membrane with temporary increase in local blood circulation.
- You can resume normal daily activities, even sex the same night! Many women experience positive results post treatment including better sensation and shorter arousal time. *
*Results vary based on a patient’s medical condition and age and may take a few months to obtain.
- Not only is Acoustic Pressure Wave Therapy a non-surgical, painless, non-invasive procedure, but it also requires no downtime. Although you may feel sore after your Acoustic Wave treatment, you can go about daily activities as you normally would.
- APWT® is the first effective and long-lasting treatment modality for treating connective tissue disorders. It is invasive with virtually no risks, side effects or downtime. APWT® has a success satisfaction rate of more than 80%.
Jumpstart your journey to your best life today!