Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) and You
There are many ways that you can heal a sports injury. However, you want to ensure that the method or practice you are utilizing is the most effective and healthy option. Least invasive options should be considered first, including techniques like Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy. ESWT is a treatment for those experiencing pain. It is considered a soft tissue engineering therapy, with impulses in voltage to aid in pain-reducing.
What Does ESWT Treat?
ESWT is regenerative medicine technology that is highly recommended for those with inflammation, acute pain, neuropathic pain, or degenerative pathologies. It is effective for those with musculoskeletal system diseases, overused muscles, bone fractures, and arthritis. Many athletes use this treatment to easily target tendons and speed up post-surgery healing.
ESWT®: How It Works
Specifically Focused Acoustic Waves are Non-Invasively Directed at the Damaged Structures.
Targeted Waves Break Up Scar Tissue, Increase Blood Flow, Bring Stem Cells to the Area, and Activates the Body's Natural Healing Cells.
Outcomes Data Reports Over 90% Patient Satisfaction, Faster, Easier Healing, and No Downtime. All WITHOUT Medications or Surgery.
Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
Powered by STORZ Medical
Radial Pressure Wave (RPW) + Focused Shock Wave (FSW) + Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Our Shockwave Therapy in Columbus, OH utilizes the most advanced and highly effective non-invasive treatment method that utilizes technology cleared by the FDA. This proprietary technology is better than those of classical treatments owing to the regenerative processes induced (angiogenesis and mechanotransduction). This regeneration allows for the stimulation of metabolism, enhanced blood circulation, and an accelerated healing process.
- Shockwave Therapy treats, acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain, and pain that significantly impairs mobility or quality of life including:
- Ligament Sprains
- Muscle Strains
- Tendon or tendon insertion pain
- Trigger points
Check out our complete list of Injuries we treat
- Some patients report immediate pain relief and increased range of motion after the treatment. Since the regenerative processes of the body are being restored, patients have a lower chance of pain recurring. STARTwave eliminates pain and restores full mobility, thus improving your quality of life. Over 89% of patients treated report to be pain free and have significant pain reduction.
- Injuries are first accurately diagnosed and the underlying cause of the pain is identified. A skin gel is then applied to the treatment area to allow the shock waves to be introduced into the body without any loss of energy. After these preparations, shock waves are applied as the therapy head is moved over the pain region in a circular motion.
- Yes. Extensive clinical studies and tests have confirmed its safety and efficacy. The technology that is used as part of STARTwave was developed in Europe, is FDA approved, and is currently used around the globe.
- Treatment sessions take approximately 10 minutes depending on the disorder to be treated. Generally, 5 treatment sessions are necessary over the course of 3 weeks for optimal results.
- The non-invasive treatment has virtually no side effects. In some cases patients may experience some minor discomfort which may continue for a few days. In a similar way that it is normal to have some residual pain after intense exercise or a full day of work.
- Your doctor will provide you with information about how these and other conditions might affect the determination to perform EPAT.
- DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
Jumpstart your journey to your best life today!