Cellulite is a Connective tissue disorder that affects 80% – 90% of all women. Factors such as genetics, hormones, pregnancy, and aging all attribute to the weakening of the collagen fibers, decreasing skin elasticity, thickness and tone of connective tissue and give the typical orange peel appearance on thighs, buttocks and upper arms.
What Causes Cellulite?
Fibrous strands of tissue connect your skin to deeper tissue layers, creating compartments of ordinary fat cells. When the fat cells increase in size, the compartments bulge and produce the dimpling (orange-peel) appearance on your skin’s surface.
Regular exercise and well balanced diets do not always reverse or prevent its formation, although an unhealthy lifestyle will make the overall appearance worse over time due to poor nutrition, weight gain and lack of sufficient water intake.
Resolve Cellulite With Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT)
Measurable and Visible Results
This innovative procedure is a proven preventative treatment that reduces your susceptibility and/or reverses and eliminates visible signs of age-related connective tissue weakness and cosmetically unappealing dimples and bumps associated with cellulite.
AWT helps to improve the regenerative potential in areas that have degenerated because of poor blood flow and weakening of the connective tissue.
- Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT), sometimes referred to as Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT), is a modern, highly effective treatment method characterized by the application of acoustic pressure waves to the affected body regions. This innovative treatment method is chosen by an increasing number of women as a preventive treatment to reduce their susceptibility and/or to reverse and eliminate visible signs of connective tissue disorders. Acoustic pressure waves have been used in medicine with great success since 1980 for the disintegration of kidney stones and since 1992 for the treatment of orthopedic conditions including acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain.
Before During After
AWT® treatment has a multilayer effect.
- Skin – skin tightening, better skin structure and contour
- Fatty tissue – increased blood flow, activation of metabolism, stimulation of lipolysis and body shaping
- Connective tissue – stimulation and activation of collagen formation
- Lymphatic system – improved circulation and drainage
- Muscle – normalization of muscle tone
Treatment sessions take approximately 30 minutes depending on the number of areas to be treated. Generally, 8–12 treatment sessions (2 per week) are necessary.
- Not only is Acoustic Wave Therapy a non-surgical, painless, non-invasive procedure, but it also requires no downtime. Although you may feel sore after your Acoustic Wave treatment, you can go about daily activities as you normally would.
Treatment areas include:
- Upper arms
- Gluteal region
Your medical professional will apply coupling gel to the treatment area to enhance treatment effectiveness. After these preparations, acoustic pressure waves are released via the applicator and moved over the entire treatment region.
Jumpstart your journey to your best life today!