Navigate through the sections below to learn all about getting to the root cause of your Neck Pain!
Neck Pain Symptoms
- Neck pain, stiffness, soreness when driving or working at a computer
- Muscle tightness and spasms
- Decreased ability to turn your head
- General soreness
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness
- Trouble sleeping
- Feel the need to crack the neck
- Tension Headaches and Migraines
These neck pain symptoms can be caused by tissue injury which respond very well to Star Regenerative Therapy treatments.
Neck Pain Causes
The most common cause of neck pain is injury to the neck muscles, tendons, and ligaments. The soft tissue structures in the neck can be damaged via a sudden trauma, such as a whiplash or concussion, or through the slow stretching of ligaments, known as creep. This can be attributed to extended hours of poor posture in front of a computer or smartphone, or other position that slowly stretches the ligaments. Cervical soft tissue injury can cause the joints not move properly leading to arthritis, pinched nerves, and disc degeneration.
Neck Pain Treatment
Star Regenerative Therapy is a non-invasive effective treatment for injuries because it strengthens the structures that are weak and causing the pain. EPAT Treatments restart the body’s natural healing cascade to the weakened structures that otherwise have a poor blood supply and have ceased being able to repair on their own. Typically, a few treatments are needed to permanently restore the integrity of the structures so the symptoms are fully resolved and the patient is back to full activities.
Our Research for Neck Pain
- The Role of Extracorporeal Shockwave Treatment in Musculoskeletal Disorders Moya D, Ramón S, Schaden W, Wang CJ, Guiloff L, Cheng JH The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (2018)
- Shock Wave Treatment Protects From Neuronal Degeneration via a Toll-Like Receptor 3 Dependent Mechanism: Implications of a First-Ever Causal Treatment for Ischemic Spinal Cord Injury. Lobenwein D1, Tepeköylü C, Kozaryn R, Pechriggl EJ, Bitsche M, Graber M, Fritsch H, Semsroth S, Stefanova N, Paulus P, Czerny M, Grimm M, Holfeld J. Journal of the American Heart Association (2015)
- Mechano-Transduction Effect Of Shockwaves In The Treatment Of Lumbar Facet Joint Pain: Comparative Effectiveness Evaluation Of Shockwave Therapy, Steroid Injections And Radiofrequency Medial Branch Neurotomy. Nedelka T, Nedelka J, Schlenker J, Hankins C, Mazanec R. (Neoro Enocrinology Letters 2014)